If you have joint pain, an orthopedic physical therapist can help restore function to the joint and the surrounding tendons, ligaments, and muscles. They can treat several joint disorders affecting parts of the body, including the spine, knees, hips, shoulders, ankles, feet, and hands. Physical therapy can help you regain or improve strength, flexibility, and function which may have been limited because of an injury, medical condition, or surgery.
The role of your physical therapist is to work with you to design a customized therapy program tailored to meet your specific needs. They will take care of you in all phases of healing, from diagnosis through recovery. A physical therapist’s goal is to reduce or eliminate pain while simultaneously getting you back to optimum function. Physical therapists are experts in the way the body moves and can help you stay active and fit.
Physical Therapy for Joint Pain
Many joint conditions and injuries can benefit from physical therapy. Physical therapy helps improve chronic pain by helping to manage the underlying cause, such as arthritis.
Physical therapy is often recommended for arthritic pain because it helps to strengthen joints that have been weakened by inflammation and damage. It is effective at reducing pain and stiffness in the joint and improving the range of motion, making you more mobile. Physical therapy can:
- Improve your mobility and balance
- Reduce, manage, or eliminate your pain symptoms
- Offer preventive care to reduce your risk of reinjury
- Avoid the need for surgery
- Provide pre-operative and post-operative care
- Manage your health and age-related orthopedic conditions
Physical therapy helps with joint pain through a series of effective treatments and therapies that are proven to bring pain relief. They include:
- Programs for progressive and regular exercise
- Manual therapy techniques for joint and tissue mobilization
- Electrical stimulation and therapeutic ultrasound
- Therapeutic stretching and strengthening exercises
- Massage therapy
- Heat and cold treatments
- Working alongside pain specialists to learn the correct way to exercise to alleviate pain
- Modalities for pain relief
- Patient education
- Providing custom-made orthotic insoles to relieve foot, heel, knee, and back pain
- Coordinating additional support, when required (hand therapists, dieticians, pain specialists)
Endeavor Physical Therapy in Cedar Park, Texas
There are many benefits to physical therapy and finding the right team of physical therapists is the first step to overcoming joint pain. If you are in the Cedar park area, Endeavor Physical Therapy offers a comprehensive range of outpatient physical therapy services to promote general wellness and recovery from joint conditions or injuries that may or may not require surgery. We use a multidisciplinary approach and have experienced therapists who treat patients with customized therapy programs.
With our complete range of physical therapy services, patients experience improved clinical outcomes and decreased recovery time. Our goal is to provide exceptional care to reduce pain, so patients can improve their level of function and get back to doing the activities they enjoy.
If you are interested in learning how Endeavor can help you, please call us today at (512) 284-7192 or request an appointment online. We look forward to helping you on your road to recovery!